Thursday, July 25, 2024

 1204


We did not want to go to France


But, since we've returned

Everything seems different.

You probably know why

But I'm confused.


This quiet unforced content

Seems oddly strange.


Normally a holiday might last

A few days, if we're lucky,

Then the clouds return

Reducing every hour to work

And Love to something we recall

But can't enact today.


Slowly we realise

That everything could be

Like this

At peace

At one

Not just when we're away

But now


And all I have to do is to accept

That love has been there

Even when

I feared that it had gone

And I was wrecked;


For love, which came so many years ago

Has never left me, even when I thought

I was alone, and all I had was nought.


Brian Hick September 2012

©copyright Sally Hick 25.7.24

No comments:

Post a Comment