Wednesday, March 6, 2024

 1131

Lenten Psalm 12 3 12


The sea mist over Galley Hill greys out

The western cliffs,

But on the beach, east of the pier,

Sun calms the tidal drifts

Where scarce a ripple turns the edge

And gulls, far from the shore,

Call lazily above the waves

And do not ask for more.


I sit and know that you are here

In everything I see,

In every pebble on this beach,

For all are here for me - 

Not because I am special

Or subject of this scene

But because I'm part of it

As you have always been;


And here, this quiet morning,

Delighting in the peace

Which I know you alone can bring

To us, help me to cease

The strife that separates us,

Pour on us from above,

Like this sunlight which warms our hearts,

Your never-ending Love.


Brian Hick 12th March 2012

©copyright Sally Hick 6.3.24

No comments:

Post a Comment