Monday, February 26, 2024

 Moving on (2)

21 2 12

          We make an offer, hoping it will do,

          And meanwhile I am off to join the queue

          At the  Solicitors, to find someone

          Willing to join us in the hectic run

          To tie up all the ends and swap the papers

          Which will bring us all untold new neighbours,

          To say nothing of a long walk to the bus

          But then it's nearer Asda's, so the fuss

          Is worth it, even though we have to wait

          Until we all agree a moving date.

22 2 12

          A letter from the agent seals the sale

          Assumng the solicitors don't fail.

          Meanwhile I must prove I'm who I am

          To prevent a money laundering scam;

          And Mrs M, our buyer, takes the chance

          To measure up before she's back to France.

24 2 12

          Off for a walk but I need to phone

          To arrange a survey of our new home.

          Agreed the price of this with Meridian

          To undertake a basic legal scan

          Which hopefully will find no lurking facts

          To slow up the exchange of our contracts.

25 2 12

          Measure up, check power-points and curtains,

          Sky dish, broadband and all that there pertains.

          Try to deliver urgent forms on Saturday

          Only to find all closed until next Monday.

27 2 12

          Two hours early, the surveyor rings the bell

          But Sam is sleeping, so she has to quell

          Confusion that she has misread the time

          And come back later, when all will be fine.

          Yet again provide my passport and

          The Water Bill to prove just who I am;

          This time for my lawyer, who you'd think

          Was being paid by me, so might have blinked

          Had I been using Hastings as a way

          To launder money into the UK.

28 2 12

          The estimator came to view the stuff

          Which we want to keep and move with us,

          Plus a letter from our lawyer's firm

          That all should be plain sailing from now on.

          Like my dad, I've made a plan to show

          Where all the books and furniture will go.

Brian Hick February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment