Wednesday, March 1, 2023

 904

March

The sky is bright and clear, but in the street

Thick frost clings to windscreens and headlights,

Yet bushes glisten as the early sun

Melts away the frosting of the night

Turning a Winter memory into Spring

In one unnoticed moment as I stride

Towards the station, unaware of ice

Which lurks in shadows on platform or track-side.


A watercolour haze of wet on wet

Drifts the tree line as far as I can see

Merging the familiar into one

Free flowing canvas, as if it had begun

To recreate a world of ease for me

Back to a time before we ever met.


Brian Hick March 2011 with a note written at the side of a printed copy for me to read through as usual. I like this because for once it's not my voice and the 'you' is definately not you in the final line!! X

©copyright Sally Hick 1.3.23

No comments:

Post a Comment