Monday, January 9, 2023

 884

What faith has a marshmallow?

I really need to know.

For what you say

May seem okay

Until we need to grow


And challenge what we're doing

Reach out beyond the safe

To find the Way

That brings today

Beyond the crass naif.


I need a faith that's vibrant

That pulses with the blood

To scorch the air

Without a care

And know that life is good.


I feel it in the music

That echoes from the spheres

Or in the night

Peels with its light

Invisible and rare.


I feel it in the dancing

Of folk  upon the Downs

The Morris Teams

The distant dreams

Of rituals profound.


I feel it in the silence,

The sunlight on the sea

Where amber clouds

Of evening shroud

The cliff tops and the quay.


I feel - but there is more

To life than what I feel;

My inner voice

Cries out rejoice

Regardless of the 'real'.


Reach out to the transcendent

Reach out beyond the spheres

To truth that is resplendent

Out-weighing human tears.


Brian Hick January 2011

©copyright Sally Hick 9.1.23

No comments:

Post a Comment