Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The News


 Sally prefers not to watch the News

But dutifully I plod through until

Guilt or frustration overtakes the drive

For information and I switch off, but still


The ghosts remain to sour our evening meal.

Impotent against the endless flow

Of pain, injustice, arrogance and greed

I flail around to make sese of the slow


Acidic drip etching each raw fact

But smothering the spark of hope with lies

Accumulating till I cannot tell

What I should think, and thinking act, to rise


          Above this indolent depressive mood,

          Fight for the preservation of the good.


Brian Hick Nov 2010

©copyright Sally Hick 23.11.22


          I've 

     Been here

  Too long; today

I did not notice the

        Pylons.


Brian Hick November 2010

©copyright Sally Hick November 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment