Wednesday, August 24, 2022

 Bank Holiday - musings


I wanted to stay in and do some work

          - not that I had any work to do -

          But the sea was calling me to go

And simply be, whether or not I wrote.


Stripped to the waist, he stands upon the groin

          Posed until the moment when he flips

          Into the air and lands, to laughs and quips

From those who watch, but do not join.


Indulge each moment for we never know

          When it will simply be too late

           To gratify each other and the wait

May be too long for love to gently grow.


I took some pics while walking by the sea

          And some of them were good, but when I came

          To download them and give each one a name

I pressed delete - and so they ceased to be.


Brian Hick summer 2009

©copyright Sally Hick 24.8.22

No comments:

Post a Comment